This recipe is one of my favorites because it’s refreshing, delicious and packed with nutrients to help my body heal. I’ve added tart cherry extract to this recipe which contains powerful compounds that help with soothing inflammation and joint health.
I’ve also added my favorite electrolyte powder to boost flavor, sweetness, and hydration. Since I’m using electrolytes that have a natural sweetener in them, I don’t add additional sweetener but you certainly can.
This super-nutritious recipe contains high-quality protein to help muscles recover, tart- charry extract to speed up the healing process, electrolytes to keep the body hydrated and Rhodiola root extract which is an adaptogen that helps the body adapt to stress.
The recipe below is exactly how to make it but this jello can modified to suit your needs. Try it with fresh tart cherry juice instead of tart cherry extract and/or your favorite flavor of electrolytes.
- Add 1 cup of room temperature water to a bowl and sprinkle with gelatin.
- Whisk together to combine and let sit for 3-5 minutes for the gelatin to “bloom”.
- Pour the remaining 3 cups water into a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in electrolyte powder, tart cherry extract, rhodiola and gelatin mixture.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Pour into a baking dish, bowls or a glass container.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for about 4 hours until set. (I like to give mine at least 8 hours before eating.) Once set you can place a cover over the container to keep it fresh.