These delicious chai-spiced treat provides healthy phytonutrients that will leave you feeling calm, cool and collected. Here’s why.
They're good for athletes.
The combination of these ingredients provides a balanced mix of macronutrients, including healthy fats, protein, and fiber, which are essential for sustained energy, muscle repair, and recovery. The presence of omega-3 fatty acids in ingredients like chia seeds and hemp hearts contributes to reducing inflammation and supporting joint health, crucial for athletes engaged in intense physical activity. Additionally, the high antioxidant content found in cacao nibs, almonds, and pumpkin seeds helps combat oxidative stress, which can be intensified during exercise and contribute to aging processes at a cellular level. If you want to hack your aging process and prolong your life, then check out this blog: 8 Anti-Aging Tips for Athletes in Their 30s
These antioxidants, combined with the vitamins and minerals present in the recipe, support overall immune function and help protect against the damaging effects of free radicals. Furthermore, the inclusion of coconut provides medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which can serve as a quick source of energy for endurance athletes. Overall, this recipe’s nutrient-dense composition can aid in enhancing athletic performance, supporting recovery, and delaying aging processes, making it a valuable addition to the diet of adult athletes.
As written, this recipe provides an excellent source of carbohydrates (29g) per serving. That makes them a great pre-workout snack to fuel a practice, gym session, or short run.
Each ingredient in this recipe brings its unique nutritional profile, contributing to overall health and well-being. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of magnesium, zinc, and antioxidants like vitamin E, promoting healthy immunity and supporting heart health. Almonds are packed with vitamin E, healthy fats, and fiber, offering benefits such as promoting brain health and aiding in weight management. Cacao nibs, derived from pure cacao beans, are a rich source of flavonoids, which have been linked to improved cognitive function and cardiovascular health.
Hemp hearts are an excellent plant-based source of protein, containing all essential amino acids, along with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, supporting heart and brain health. Coconut provides healthy fats and medium-chain triglycerides, which are easily metabolized by the body for quick energy. Lastly, chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants, contributing to digestive health, reducing inflammation, and promoting satiety. By combining these nutrient-dense ingredients, the recipe not only delivers a delectable taste but also provides an array of phytonutrients that can nourish the body and support optimal health.
They're exotic and spicy.
Chai, the aromatic and flavorful tea blend originating from India, offers a multitude of benefits that extend beyond its delightful taste. Here are some of the advantages of incorporating chai into your daily routine. Firstly, chai is known to provide a gentle energy boost due to its black tea base, making it an excellent alternative to coffee. It contains lower levels of caffeine compared to coffee, which helps avoid the jitters or energy crashes often associated with excessive caffeine consumption. If you are looking for healthy alternatives to coffee, then you’ll find this blog very useful: 12 Superfood Coffee Alternatives
Chai tea is rich in antioxidants, thanks to the spices used in its preparation. Ingredients like cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom are packed with beneficial compounds that help fight inflammation and oxidative stress in the body. These antioxidants contribute to overall well-being and support a healthy immune system. Additionally, chai spices have been associated with numerous health benefits, such as aiding digestion, reducing nausea, improving circulation, and promoting cardiovascular health. Lastly, chai can also have a calming effect on the mind and body.
The combination of spices like cardamom and cloves, along with the comforting warmth of the tea, creates a soothing and relaxing experience, making chai an ideal beverage to unwind and de-stress. With its enticing taste and a range of potential health benefits, chai is a wonderful addition to any daily routine.
One of the fantastic aspects of this recipe is its convenience and simplicity, making it incredibly easy to prepare. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal cooking steps involved, it’s a breeze to whip up in no time. The process mainly involves mixing the ingredients together, forming clusters, and baking them briefly. No complicated techniques or lengthy preparation times are required. Moreover, the recipe allows for flexibility and customization, enabling you to adjust ingredient quantities or swap them as desired.
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a seasoned cook, this recipe caters to all skill levels. These clusters can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to a week. That makes them perfect for busy schedules or as a quick grab-and-go snack. So, when you’re in need of a delicious and hassle-free treat, this recipe is your go-to option, providing convenience and ease without compromising on taste or nutritional value.
By swapping certain ingredients in this recipe, you can create exciting variations and change the overall flavor profile. For instance, replacing almonds with walnuts or pecans will introduce a richer, nuttier taste to the recipe. If you want to add a touch of sweetness, consider substituting cacao nibs with dark chocolate chips or dried fruits like cranberries or raisins.
You can omit the chai spice if you’re not a fan of the flavor and maybe try a different spice blend instead – pumpkin pie or apple pie spice, perhaps?
To infuse a citrusy twist, you can incorporate grated orange or lemon zest into the mix. Swapping coconut for toasted sesame seeds or crushed pistachios can bring a unique flavor and texture. Additionally, experimenting with different spices such as nutmeg, allspice, or even a hint of cayenne pepper can add a surprising kick to the recipe. By playing with ingredient substitutions, you have the opportunity to personalize the flavors and create a version of the recipe that perfectly suits your taste buds. Let your creativity shine and enjoy the delightful journey of flavor exploration!
These Chai Coconut Clusters are a true delight for both the taste buds and the soul. With their fragrant chai spices and the tropical sweetness of coconut, these clusters are a perfect combination of comforting flavors. Whip up a batch in no time and savor these bite-sized treats whenever you’re in need of a pick-me-up or a delightful snack. Give this recipe a try and get ready to fall in love with the enchanting blend of chai and coconut in every bite!
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 3 TBSP cacao nibs, chopped
- 2 TBSP hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP almond butter, melted
- 2 tsp Masala Chai Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a small sauce pan, melt almond butter and coconut oil. Stir until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, chopped almonds, and cashews. Mix them together to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Pour the honey or maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, chai spice blend, and salt into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, ensuring that the coconut and nuts are evenly coated.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, portion out the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press and shape each portion into a compact cluster, about 1 inch in diameter. This recipe should yield about 16 clusters. Leave some space between the clusters to allow for even baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the clusters turn golden brown. Keep a close eye on them to avoid burning.
- Once baked, remove the chai coconut clusters from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet. This will help them firm up and hold their shape. Once cooled, transfer the clusters to an airtight container, where they can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Chai Coconut Clusters can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas to make the most of their delectable flavors:
- Snack on them straight out of the container for a quick burst of energy during the day.
- Pair them with a cup of hot chai tea or coffee for a cozy afternoon treat.
- Sprinkle them over yogurt or oatmeal to add a delightful crunch to your breakfast.
- Use them as toppings for desserts like ice cream or puddings.
- Package them beautifully and gift them to friends and family on special occasions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 clusters
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 25gCarbohydrates: 29gNet Carbohydrates: 21gFiber: 8gProtein: 7g